Docxpresso offers you more than one web interface to interact with your end users.
Besides the interactive document interface where your Office documents become editable online we also offer the possibility to generate responsive web forms out of your document.
Any Office document that has been tagged following the Docxpresso standards automatically generates a responsive web form that allows any end user to easily provide the data required to complete the corresponding document.
When should I choose the web form interface over the interactive document one?
This is, of course, a question of choice but we would recommend the web form interface under this specific circunstances:
- The specific structure and content of the document is of not much help to provide the required data.
- We have used the document just as a simple mean to generate a web form to gather end user data.
- You expect the end user to provide the data from a device, e.g. a smartphone, that may not provide the adequate interface to visualize the original document.
How to process a Docxpresso web form
After you have uploaded the document to Docxpresso we recommend the following workflow to customize the generated web form:
- Start by processing the field formats and validation by clicking on the "Process Template Web Interface" as it is explained in the Processing Interactive Online Documents tutorial web page.
- After completing the process of assigning labels, tips, validations, etcetera, save your data and return to the main document template interface.
- Then click on the Process Web Form option and you will be redirected to the man Docxpresso web form processing interface where you will be offered a plethora of options that will be listed below.
The main functionality offered in the web form processing interface may be summarized as follows:
- Organize the order of your fields and blocks of fields or field sets by dragging the corresponding elements.
- Organize your for in tabs or steps.
- Customize field and field set rendering:
- Label, Tip (by default the ones previously defined will be used), and default values.
- Fieldsets labels, tips and descriptions.
- Options rendering: select, multiple select, checkboxes or radio buttons.
- Disable rendering.
- Insert comments.
- Custom settings:
- Progress bar.
- Activate Tabs/steps.
- Local storage.