In order to further organize your web form contents and facilitate the task of the end user you may use tabs to logically group fields and fieldsets.
Tabs are activated by default and additional tabs will be automatically created if the document template is divided into sections.
If you wish to deactivate them in the final end user interface you should click on the gear button in the top menu of the processing interface and further click on the “Custom Settings” button, a pop-up will show up and you can check or uncheck the "Tabs" checkbox (Warning: the processing interface will always show at least one tab).
Creating, editing and removing new tabs
By clicking on "Add new Step/Tab" menu entry under the gear button on the top menu a new empty tab will be created.
In the top right corner you will find the following tools:
- Edit button: by clicking on it a pop-up will show up where you can introduce the following data:
- Slug: the text appearing in the tab itself.
- Title: a title for the tab content that should guide the end user about the type of content that is to be found under that particular tab.
- Description: a longer description of the contents and/or instructions to follow in order to fulfill the form. This field admits rich text formatting.
- Trash button: it removes the current open tab as long as there is no form field left on it. If there are form fields or fieldsets you should first move them to another tab just by dragging and droping them into the corresponding tab.
- Wrench button: this is just a convenience utility that allows you to (un)collapse all fieldsets or blocks of fields in just one shot (something conveniebte for drag and drop).