You will find here a summary of changes for the latest Docxpresso versions.
The new “Share document interface” offers a simple way to push data from any other document or contact into a document via a shared link.
New global/instance variable type that allows, among other things, the insertion of logos or counters into Docxpresso templates. This,
for example, facilitates the creation of (prefixed) invoice numbers.
In order to simplify the management of data collected by Docxpresso we have introduced in v4.0 “Contact Management”.
Now one can easily import/export template data directly from/into the Docxpresso Contact database so it is very simple to preload data in
any Docxpresso template whenever sharing a document link.
The Contact management interface includes:
- general contact info,
- custom fields that can be predefined at the global level,
- data imported from Docxpresso documents and
- manually introduced data.
The access to sensitive Contact data may be protected by an integrated permission system similar to the one already in place for templates.
New “global/instance” variables that can be shared among templates. Any template variable starting with “DX-” will be interpreted by Docxpresso
as a global variable. Admins have at their disposal in the Settings menu an interface to define their value so they can be easily loaded into any
document. By the time being the available types include:
- Text: that may be used for global data like addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Images: useful for logos or preloaded scanned signatures.
- Counters: (with prefixes) that may show useful for invoice numbers or the like.
New browse data interface that allows to filter and/or group data by:
- Groups of templates logically associated.
- Document status.
- Identifier field.
- End user.
- Date range.
Preservation of search filters in all interfaces: when hitting the browser “Back button” the search filters are preserved so one
returns automatically to previous set of filtered results.
Keep alive links: with this option enable shared links
- do not expire until the document has been set as completed,
- display the latest version of the document, i.e. the current state of the document integrating all previous editions.
Workflows may include simple business logic: steps may be active or ommited depending on certain variable conditions and/or predefined events.
Complete refurbishment of emails sent by Docxpresso both to end users and editors:
- New design.
- Multiple customization options:
- Corporate colors.
- Company name.
- Contact support.
- Possibility of using your own email and email signature (since 3.5.*).
- Full logo display.
Now you can customize the position of the toolbar in the interactive document and web form end user interfaces.
Various improvements in the rendering for mobile devices.
Header customization in web forms.
New user interface for adding and removing blocks of content in interactive documents and web forms:
- New graphical interface.
- Optional advanced interface for power users.
- Visual hints to offer feedback to end users.
Now it is posible to include “cloning groups” of variables in CSV services by simple markup: lists of elements separated by “**” are interpreted as elements to be cloned.
Improvements for multiple concurrent editions in unordered workflows.
New search functionality for workflows.
Tracking/evidence report now includes detailed info about validations.
Predefined workflows now allow for:
- Dynamical generation of a title out of the value of a document variable.
- New searchable (optional) “reference” value based again on a document variable.
- Improved management of rejections.
You can now load images from a scanner into a template (you need to request activation and a valid scanner.js ENTERPRISE license).
Improvements in rendering of charts.
Integration of Noto family of fonts to improve the rendering of documents in asian complex characters.
New improved CSS styles for printing.
When using predefined lists one may show what is printed in the resulting document either the or the value (default).
New type of variable “IP” that allows to securely store the end user IP variable within a document as an evidence of user edition.
The share folder storage interface is opened to all users. Now it is also possible to manage share links for the stored items.
You may use those share links, among many other posibilities, to insert external images on web forms or for creating Docxpresso services out of CSV files.
Authorized editors can program the automatic launch of legally binding eSignatures upon workflow completion without the need of manual intervention.
It is now possible to create a “data service” for Docxpresso templates out of a CSV file. You only need to upload a CSV file to your storage space or any external URL,
create the service and associate it with one or many template variables.
Create interactive charts by simply adding an alt text to them as it is done with images.
Chart values can be associated with plain variables or formulas obtained from dependent/special variables.
Charts are updated on the browser in real time and all template formatting is preserved while rendering the final document.
It is now possible to set up your own mail server and fully customize the sending of emails from Docxpresso.
From Configuration > Email settings main menu entry one may:
- Set the SMTP (mail) server used for the forwarding of emails.
- Set up the “name and from properties” of the email.
- Set a custom email signature.
New data and document filtering by their “reviewed” status, i.e. if they have been accepted or rejected.
It is possible to access from the template edition interface to a global listing of template blocks and groups, something specially useful for large documents.
Links automatically expire on blocked documents.
Now you can pass an identifier variable and custom reference on documents requested programmatically via the SDK.
Improved parsing for fields with email and URL formats.
You can now forward documents from the document data interface by clicking on an active email field.
Compulsory attachments are now clearly identified in the end users interfaces.
eSigned documents can be now directly emailed to signers from the eSignature archive at any time.
New private variable fields and blocks of content:
- Private variable fields are only editable by back-office users.
- Private blocks of content are only visible an printable by back-office users.
Custom notifications to workflow members upon acceptance or rejection of a document.
One can now check the time at which a document was set as completed from any data interface:
- generated document data interface,
- downloadable Excel files and
- bulk data in HTML format.
Info about the completion of a document now includes date and author and this info is available through the
browser interface as well as through the relevant SDK methods.
The homepage now let you check grapically how many documents have been generated in the last month and year.
Improvements in the positioning of multiline tooltips in the end and backoffice user interfaces.
New “Draft” module that allows for the direct online collaboration for the definition of a template prior to its
integration in Docxpresso: it requires an active Google Drive “service Account”. This module requires of activation by the SaaS platform administrators.
There are two new types of variable formats:
- Inline rich text variables: this variables can be directly edited within the document in the end user interface.
- Webcam capture: the end user webcam may be chosen as the source for an image so it is possible to offer further proof
of authorship to a document or simply use it to capture a face or an id in real time.
Now it is also possible to customize the subject in notifications adding variable values wrapped in double sqare brackets: “[[…]]”.
German language version of Docxpresso.
Improvements in the HTML rendering of charts.
Improvements WordPress plugin interface.
Full integration with DocuSigng eSignature API v2.1
On uploading a new template the user is warned if the document includes non-standard image extensions like .wmf, .emf or .tiff.
Even though Docxpresso tries to convert automatically those formats the result is not always optimal.
Improvements in the web form interface.
Modifications in workflows:
- New global notifications upon completion of the workflow.
- Relaunch of workflows from the edition interface.
Minor improvements in the HTML rendering of documents.
The document data interface now incorporates the history of forwarded documents including a link to download the forwarded document and the email were it was sent, among other useful info.
All the info about forwarded documents from the document data interface is saved so it is possible to keep track of its relevant associated info:
- Document sent.
- Who received the document.
- Who forwarded it.
- When it was sent.
The SDK has been modified to incorporate methods that allow for the remote management of the forwarded documents data.
New customizable response URL interface for end users. From the template edition interface one may parametrize where the user is redirected after completing a Docxpresso document or web form:
- default: default Docxpresso page, same as before.
- external URL: a URL external to Docxpresso.
- customized: in this case the user may choose:
- The generic response message.
- A variable dependent message, i.e. the message may depend on the value of a given variable like, for example, acceptance of terms and conditions.
- If a continue link is offered to the end user.
Interface improvements in the variable edition interface.
New options in the web form backoffice processing interface.
End users may set, if requested, the document as completed. This is achieved via a new general option (“Block”) in the template properties editor. In particular, this may launch “on completed” webhooks events directly from the end user interface.
There is a new variable type: “Unique document ID”. This variable type generates a non-editable unique token that is printed in the document in order to uniquely identify the generated “printed” document.
Authorized users (backoffice and/or external) may access the full history of the document while editing the data in a document:
- Document history (available since 3.2.2)
- Document audit trail.
- Complete history edition of each variable in the document.
Automatic webhooks associated with a template may now be customized:
- Provided info: one may now choose not to send only data but also the generated document base64 encoded.
- Webhooks may now be launched on three types of events:
- Each time a user fulfills a document or webform (“on send”).
- When the document is set as completed in the data management interface (“on complete”).
- Manually from the associated document usage interface.
New data tracking interfaces. Now for any document with an associated workflow (predefined or manual) one may:
- Compare the associated data of two different documents (already available since 3.2.2).
- Check who is the user responsible of each of the data provided in the current version of the document (new audit trail).
- Track the history of every single variable within the given workflow.
Improvements in the slugification process of Docxpresso variables.
Minor general improvements in the document rendering in the browser.
Customizable timezone so all dates and times shown in the users interfaces are displayed according to the account settings.
Access to the browsable document history from the document data interface.
Template ID has now been added to all template listings.
Backoffice and external authorized users have access to the document history when editing a pre-existing document in the browser.
Document trees now organized alphabetically.
Predefined workflows may now import required configuration data (name and email) directly from the document data.
Document history now browsable online.
New SDK methods to access remotely to revisions, validations and document history.
Whenever a document template is updated the user may request to preserve the previous thumbnail.
Custom validations via custom JS scripts (only pre-authorized instances).
Launching of predefined workflows by external share folder users (only Corporate versions).
Highlighting of variables in the previsualization interface.
Improvements in ODS and XLSX rendering in the browser.
Direct access to document tracking from workflow lists.
Changes in tracking to accomodate validations an OTPs.
Refurbished paginators with more agile navigation.
Edition of document status and revisions directly from template data usage listings (it is no longer needed to access the data management page of a particular document).
Redesign of notification emails to end users and editors.
Change log interface: info about changes in the current and previous versions.
Predefined workflows: step titles & integration of document data (email and name may be obtained directly from template variables).
New hour format for text fields (the default value of now() inserts current browser hour).
New previsualization interface in web forms: at any time the end user may preview the resulting document in the browser.
Custom extended validations for trusted installations.
Improvements in the HTML rendering of numbered lists and headings.
New Help interface accesible from the main side menu.
New much higher limits in the number of documents in bulk download of data (up to 10.000 documents).
Predefined workflows per template: one may associate a workflow to a template so it is automatically launched upon usage of the template.
One can further secure document access via OTPs send via SMS.
Custom default dates (current date and +days).
New end user validation interface: no edition just validation or rejection of a previously generated document.
Webhooks per template: one can request the data to be automatically sent to a provided web service upon completion of a document.
New phone type variables with international codes and integrated validation.